Who: Support Within Reach staff and rotating community partner staff
What: Dialog with community members around sexual violence topics (rotating each month)
Where: Grand Rapids Public Library, 140 NE 2nd Street, Grand Rapids, MN
Why: DIALOG! These conversations begin with an overview of the month’s topic, including statistics and what’s going on in Itasca County and around the world. Then, all attendees are invited to SPEAK UP about their experiences and how sexual violence prevention education can do better work going forward. These are conversations, and your voice and actions matter!
When: Download the most recent flyer here and distribute to your networks
Tentative upcoming topics:
- September 2018: Chosen Documentary Film Screening
- October 2018: What Do Drugs and Alcohol Have To Do With It? The Intersection Between Substance Use and Sexual Violence
- November 2018: “It’s On Us” and “Affirmative Consent”: Fads, or Effective Sexual Violence Prevention?
- December 2018: Feminism, Toxic Masculinity, Rape Culture and Other Dirty Words
- January 2019: What It’s Like to Be Queer: Sexual Violence in LGBTQ+ Communities
- February 2019: The Sacred Horse Ceremony: Spiritual Healing for Sexual Violence Survivors
- March 2019: Have Men Been Left Out of the Sexual Violence Prevention Conversation?
- April 2019: Secondary and Vicarious Trauma: Helping Yourself So You Can Help Others